Leadership Programme for Plymouth Secondary Schools
A modular programme based on the EEF’s guidance and rooted in the latest research, this professional development programme will enable your teachers to make confident decisions that will help your pupils access the complexities of the new curriculum in every subject.
Over nine modules, some synchronous and some asynchronous, participants will develop a deep understanding of what the research says makes for effective teaching of disciplinary (subject-specific) literacy, and apply this in their schools.
Participants will be given a wealth of strategies for vocabulary instruction, reading and writing in every subject discipline.
Programme Module Recordings and Resources
- Module 1: Programme Introduction. View Recording
- Module 2: Focus: the challenge of literacy and reading comprehension within and across subjects. View Recording
- Module 3: Case Study: The Plymouth Oracy Project – addressing Recommendation 6: Provide opportunities for structured talk. View Recording
- Module 4: Focus: Developing strategic learners by improving literacy & metacognition . View Recording
- Module 5: Focus: Developing independent writers. View Recording
- Module 6: Focus: Implementation. View Recording
- Module 7: Focus: Interventions. View Recording
Extra 'Booster' Events
Scott Davies and Jon Eaton lead a follow up session on Friday 24th September, between 3.45 and 4.45 pm to help support Literacy Leads with the implementation process during the Autumn Term. This provided all participants an opportunity to share:
Coming Up in the Autumn
The next programme is now available for Autum Term 2021 - Training and Retaining Great Teachers.