What it means to be a governor/trustee of SEND, SEND and the law, how responsibilities for SEND lie with all governors and not just the designated SEND governor.
Session objectives were to deepen governor’s understanding of:
- The SEND Code of Practice
- The Equality Act and SEND
- The WSS Governance SEND Review Guide
- A one-page report providing and overview of SEND for Governors
- Implications of the Ofsted Framework for Governance of SEND
The training was led by Malcom Reeve, National Leader at Whole School SEND, a National Leader in Education (NLE) and author of the SEND Review Framework for multi-academy trusts and Erica Wolstenholme, National Coordinator at Whole School SEND and SEND consultant.
Slides and a recording of the session are now available here: